Polymers other than those specified in Decision 129/97 / EC, including biodegradable and compostable ones, are all identified with the code “7”.
Optionally, you can choose to accompany this coding with the words “Compostable plastic”.
For example, a polylactic acid packaging can be identified with the code: Compostable plastic 7.
The new decree also specifies that biodegradable and compostable packaging can be collected and recycled with organic waste, only if:
1. are certified in compliance by certification bodies with the technical standard UNI EN 13432;
2. they are appropriately labeled and in particular show:
– the mention of compliance with the aforementioned European standards;
– identification elements of the producer and the certifier;
– suitable instructions for consumers to dispose of such waste in the organic waste recycling and separate collection circuit.
Last modified on 19/11/2021