EXTENDED INFORMATION ON COOKIES
This information is intended to make known the functioning of the cookies installed or in any case present on the domain www.conai.org (hereinafter “Site”).
What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text strings that the sites visited by the user send to his terminal (usually the browser), where they are stored, to be then re-transmitted to the same sites at the next visit by the same user.
Cookies can be installed by the site visited by the user ( first-party cookies ) or by other sites ( third-party cookies ). This happens because the site visited by the user may contain elements (images, maps, sounds, links to web pages of other domains, etc.) that reside on servers other than that of the site visited. Based on the purpose, cookies are divided into two major categories: technical cookies and profiling cookies.
Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of transmitting a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide such service. These are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly from the site visited by the user. In particular, these cookies can allow normal navigation and use of the site and navigation according to a series of selected criteria in order to improve the service rendered.
The user’s prior consent is not required for the installation of these cookies.
Technical cookies are then assimilated to analytical cookies , where these are used directly by the site manager to collect aggregate information on the number of users and how they visit the site. These cookies allow the site manager to understand how users interact with the contents of the site in order to optimize services
Profiling cookies , on the other hand, are aimed at creating profiles relating to the user and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the user while browsing. The user’s prior consent is required for the installation of this type of cookie.
Finally, based on their duration, cookies are divided into persistent cookies, which remain stored on the user’s device until their expiration, subject to removal by the user or session , which disappear when the browser is closed and have , therefore, limited duration.
- Holder of the treatment
The Data Controller, or the subject responsible for the decisions regarding the purposes, methods and security of personal data, is CONAI – National Packaging Consortium, with registered office in Rome, Via Tomacelli n. 132 and operational headquarters in Milan, Via Pompeo Litta n. 5 (hereinafter “CONAI”).
- Type, purpose and legal basis of the cookies present on the Site
The Site uses:
- strictly necessary technical cookies (third party) to allow the user to normally browse the Site and to use its basic functions;
- Statistical and analytical cookies (third parties) to collect information on the use of the Site by the user and to process statistical analyzes. The Site uses, among other things, the service provided by Google Ireland Limited, called Google Analytics, which does not allow the identification of the user; in fact, the collected data are treated in a completely aggregated and anonymized form.
the user’s consent is not required for their installation.
On the Site there are also sharing buttons to allow the sharing of contents through social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and LinkedIn) which may collect third-party cookies installed by them. The Site does not share any information with these widgets and the user’s consent is required for their installation.
Finally, this Site may contain links or references for accessing other websites. CONAI does not have the power to control the cookies and / or monitoring technologies of other websites, to which this information does not apply.
- Management of preferences on cookies and nature of the provision
At the time of the first access to any page of the Site, there is a banner that contains a summary information on the cookies present on the Site. By clicking the “accept” button, the user accepts the installation of strictly necessary technical cookies and analytical cookies present on the Site, for which consent is not required; by clicking, on the other hand, the “manage preferences” button, the user can express and save their preference in relation to each type of cookie on the Site.
These choices are stored and recorded through the use of a special “technical cookie”, which allows the user to access the Site directly – in case of subsequent visits – without having to express his consent to the use of these cookies again.
In any case, the user is always allowed to modify and manage the preferences expressed on cookies, blocking their installation or revoking the consent initially given. Furthermore, the user can learn about the information and how to disable third-party cookies by clicking on the links contained in the ” further information and links to third-party information and consent forms ” column of the table above.
- How to change the browser cookie settings
At any time the user can deactivate, activate or delete cookies also through the use of the settings of his navigation browser. Having said this, the methods offered by the main browsers are shown below:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
- ME: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.00/it/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/it-it/HT201265
It should be noted that upon completion of this operation, some functions of the Site may not be performed correctly. The user can also manage the relative preferences regarding cookies also through the link http://www.youronlinechoices.com .
- Transfer abroad
Your data is stored on servers located in the European Union. In the event of data transfer abroad, CONAI undertakes to ensure the adoption of adequate guarantees, in compliance with the regulatory provisions on the processing of personal data.
- Methods of processing and recipients
The data collected through cookies will not be disseminated. Within the limits strictly relevant to the purposes indicated in the previous point 3), your data may be communicated to:
- subjects legitimated by law or regulation, such as by way of example and not limited to the Public and Judicial Authorities;
- subjects who, as independent data controllers or data processors pursuant to art. 28 of the Regulation, are involved in the processing of data, such as, by way of example and not limited to, internet providers, companies in charge of managing and maintaining the Site.
The updated list of names of the Data Processors is available at the CONAI operational headquarters.
- User rights
The user has the right to ask CONAI in the manner indicated by EU Regulation no. 2016/679 (hereinafter the “Regulation”) and without prejudice to the provisions and limitations set out in Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 (Part I – Title I – Chapter III):
- Right of access: Art. 15 of the Regulation allows the user to obtain from the Data Controller confirmation as to whether or not data processing is in progress concerning him in this case to obtain access to such data.
- Right of rectification: Art. 16 of the Regulation allows the user to obtain from the Data Controller the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning him without undue delay. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the user has the right to obtain the integration of incomplete personal data, also by providing an additional declaration.
- Right of cancellation: Art. 17 of the Regulation allows the user to obtain from the Data Controller the deletion of personal data concerning him without undue delay if one of the reasons provided for by the law exists.
- Right of limitation: Art. 18 of the Regulation allows the user to obtain from the Data Controller the limitation of the processing when one of the hypotheses provided for by the law occurs.
- Right to portability: Art. 20 of the Regulation allows the user to receive in a structured format, commonly used and readable by an automatic device, the personal data concerning him provided to a Data Controller and has the right to transmit such data to another Data Controller without impediments. by the Data Controller to whom he provided them according to the conditions provided for by the law.
- Right to object: Art. 21 of the Regulation allows the user to object at any time, for reasons connected to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him pursuant to Article 6, paragraph 1, letters e) or f), including profiling based on these provisions.
The user also has the right to revoke the consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing carried out before the revocation.
All the rights listed above can be exercised by sending CONAI a communication by certified e-mail to the address email@example.com or by registered letter to the address of the operational headquarters in Milan, Via Litta, 5. If it is believed that the processing of data violates the provisions contained in the Regulation, it is possible to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data in accordance with the provisions of art. 77 of the Regulation itself.
- Further information
A complete extract of the legal articles referred to above is available at the Legal and Corporate Affairs Office. This office will be able to provide the user with any explanations regarding the exercise of the rights recognized to him; requests can be sent in writing by contacting the aforementioned Office.
The protection of data concerning the user and compliance with the principles established by the law, with particular reference to the principle of transparency, are values of primary importance for CONAI; we will be grateful to you if you want to help CONAI by reporting any misunderstandings in this document, or by suggesting improvements to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Office.