Without prejudice to the C/PAP… alphanumeric coding, which unambiguously identifies packaging composed primarily of paper, under Annex VII to Decision 129/97/EC further information on waste collection should be stated as follows:
- paper-based composite packaging (and / or with components of different materials that cannot be separated manually) with a percentage of the cellulose fraction between 60 and 95% of the total weight of the pack:
- Instruct the consumer to deliver the packaging in the separate collection for paper packaging ;
- paper-based composite packaging (and / or with components of different materials that cannot be separated manually) with a percentage of the cellulose fraction less than 60% of the total weight of the pack
- Instruct the consumer to deliver the packaging in undifferentiated collection .
In fact, it should be noted that the packaging thus constituted, which to date are not recyclable, if transferred to separate collection and managed in the recycling flow of paper packaging, would significantly affect the generation of waste in the recycling process, even implying a greater impact environmental and increased management difficulties, also to the detriment of the overall quality of the secondary raw material generated by the recycling process.
In fact, in the recycling process, 100 kg of these packaging produce more than 85 kg of dry waste and almost 150 kg of wet waste to be disposed of in landfills, after having consumed water and electricity. Since it is therefore non-recyclable packaging with paper and cardboard, the invitation to the companies that produce and use them is to suggest on the label the delivery in undifferentiated collection, in order to minimize the environmental impact linked to the management of their end of life. .
- Containers suitable for the containment of liquids
- Indicate to give the packaging to the separate collection, optionally accompanying this indication to the link to the site http://www.tiriciclo.it/raccolta-e-riciclo/ , where there is a guide, for the consumer, on the assignment of cartons suitable for containing liquids, for each Italian municipality.
Last modified on 21/11/2021